Wednesday, November 10, 2010


fort lauderdale florida...
spanish speaking




i waited and waited and waited by the mailbox on friday- everyone told me that mission calls come to hawaii on fridays so i had my heart set on that. it didn't come. they were wrong, and i was disappointed. i went about the rest of my weekend not expecting it till monday. however, i forgot that mail came on saturdays. i came home after helping at the temple open house and checked the mail- the box was empty. i went in the house and found some new mail on the couch, and figured that it didn't come. i was disappointed. i tried to get over it and got ready to go to the beach. my two friends came over and hung out for a bit and then we left to go surfing. as i was getting in the truck, i thought- heck i'll just check one more time... and to my surprise, my large white envelope was in the box. i was thrilled to say the least. it was such a surprise. i was not expecting it till monday. i didn't even know what to do with myself. i immediately phoned my mom to tell her the news. she was so so excited. everyone was. i quickly went in the house and set up i chat and skype with mom, dad, ty, lauri, and the girls on one computer, and jared and les on the other. my two friends jono, adam, along my roommate suki were there with me to watch and film me open it. i didn't cry, but i did a little choked up. i will post a video soon. i am so excited to serve in florida, and am so so happy it will be in spanish! wahooooo. i report january 19th.

7 comments:

  1. yay yay yay!! I am so happy for you. You will be a wonderful little sister mish:) It's the perfect place for our little beach bum. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been checking your blog for weeks.. glad it finally came! i am sooo happy for you. you are amazing and i love you. miss you & hopefullllyyy i get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You'll be so great. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D

    I was so super excited when I got a text from my mom telling me about it. I just got all super excited again. :D You'll be great!! And you'll come back more fluent in Spanish than I am.

    ¡Te quiero mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was such an exciting night! You're going to LOVE it there, and you'll be an AMAZING missionary! XOXOX!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally called Hermana! Booyah. So excited for you

    ReplyDelete