Sunday, February 20, 2011

Feliz dia de los Corozones!

Posted by Picasa





Karli sent some great pictures this past week with a valentine card and wonderful letter… Here is what she had to say:



Hola! Como fue su semana?


I have a cool story for you… so in Relief Society each week someone shares their conversion story. This week was a girl from Hong Kong. When she was young her father died. He had been very abusive to her family. They were sadly better off without them. Well, 6 months after he died, the missionaries came to her door asking for her father. She let them know that he had passed away- but they all ended up taking the discussions and all got baptized. They all eventually went inactive – except her. But soon, she did too! The ward members never gave up on her, and the bishop even called her to be the seminary teacher. She didn’t want to do it, but felt obligated. One day while meeting with her bishop, he told her a story about her dad. He told her that prior to the missionaries coming to her house, they had zero investigators and no success. They found her father’s records in a the member book. (He was a member, but inactive her whole life – her mother didn’t even know.) So although she thought her father was cruel, nasty, and gave her nothing but pain and tears, she realized he gave her EVERYTHING! He gave her the gospel of Jesus Christ! If it weren’t for his records/membership, she probably would never have heard the gospel! She will always love her father for what he gave her. She is the only one active, but her mom wrote her this week, and told her she has started to go back to church! What a neat missionary story, huh?


I got a letter from Lindsay today. It was short and sweet. She just LOVES Belgium! I am happy she got called there!

I am still singing in the MTC choir and I love it – I wish I had your talent mom. They accompany us on the organ and I feel like I’m in the MoTab! I am trying to sing alto.


We watched the Joseph Smith movie last night, and I got so much out of it! There was a line he said to Emma I really liked. It’s a scripture I think, but it’s just that the Lord calls us in our weakness, but he qualifies us for the work… Another thing he said was – “How do ye endure it well? You trust in God, and go on-“ I am learning a lot about that. I am trusting in the Lord – because I can’t do this alone. I know he called me for this work, and thus, He is here to help me!


We have a large group meeting every Friday… They’re my favorite. It’s just our zone and one other. It takes me back to seminary times! This week we heard about the Martin Handcart Company rescue… about the 3 18 year old boys that carried the whole company across the Sweetwater River because they were too weak to be able to cross themselves. A lot of our investigators will be at the riverbank. We are the ones to carry them over…


The visiting General Authority this week was Elder Pearson of the 70’s. He was so good! He talked about how we must become a disciple of Jesus Christ – and to forget ourselves. This isn’t my mission, it is HIS. It doesn’t matter if the food is gross or Spanish is hard – It’s not about me- it never has been, never will be!


I love and miss you both so much. The more I am here, the more I realize that. Thank you for making me me. I am me because of you two. I know this is where I am supposed to be- and there is nowhere else I would rather be. :)

xoxox

Sissy

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... these letters make everything we've ever gone through as a parent SO worth it!!

    ReplyDelete