Monday, February 7, 2011

Week Three!

well i dont even know where to start. . .

THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGES MOMMMMMMY! I love them all. our classroom
is all hearted and for v-day. i'll send a pic. thank you. thank you emma, ella, and sam for the pictures
you drew from the cabin! they made me miss you all so much. i wish i
could have been there with you..

SAM! who won the superbowl? did you have a big party at your house
with lots of food and kids? i am sure you did. thank you for your
email. How is copper? I miss you. I hope you are feeling better.

Ella- thanks for your email. I am glad you love your Repunzle dolly.
How is school and Mrs. O? (owwwsowski) Thank you for praying for me
Ella. I love you.

And thank you for everyones prayers. Last night at a fireside a Branch
president spoke and he made us stop and think how many prayers have
been offered in our behalf since we have been here. I know there have
been hundreds. Thank you. I feel them, and i need them. I am praying
for you.

Dad/Ty/Mom?Tonya (does this get fwd'd to WMC gmail;) haha) how is work
going. Busy i am sure. Have we sold lots of stoves? did you ever get
the email and the phone switched over for that?? Mom sounds like you
had a good time at the cabin. send pics of the quilts. Tell Oli and
Ben congrats- send me pictures ok?

This week flew by i can't believe it. We started working on the second
lesson this week. It has been a neat experience. It is about the plan
of happiness. I have been able to testify of eternal families. I can't
wait to see Angela again. And uncle greg and grandma ord and grandma
and grandpa tyson, and everyone else. It is going to be so neat.
Seriously. Today at the temple we did sealings for the first time.
That was so cool. Wow. I can't wait for that. But yeah it has been
neat to change focus a little in our teaching.

Once a week we go to this place called the TRC (teaching resource
center). we practice contacting a person in spanish, and make an appt
to teach a lesson, then teach it. I was able to do the whole thing in
spanish. My companions struggle with confidence when in comes to
spanish- and i am not saying i am fluent by any means, but for those 5
minutes, i can say what i want. it is really cool. we are forced to
speak. then we teach the lesson in spanglish. im looking forward to
this week.

speaking of SPANISH... i was the "nativa" this week. We have a
competition in our class to see who can speak the most spanish each
day. Our teacher secretly picks someone to be the nativa/nativo and we
have to speak as much as we can and earn the "nativa medal". it is
this nice huge gold bling, and i got it! haha it is amazing how much i
know and have learned since i have been here. i know a lot more than i
think. so i am gonna keep trying to hablar what i know.

things with my companions are good. we get along well so that is good.
it is hard for me not to have my space- especially for studying. i
thought the otherday- i wish i was a solo missionary (some girls are
here without a companion- usually speaking a crazy language or
something), but then i realized how much they teach me. they both have
a really strong knowledge of the scriptures, and i dont so they help
me a lot.

we had a bunch of our zone leave. some elders have been here 12 weeks
in stead of 9- waiting for visas. Mexico city! south mission though j.
we got a new district elders and they are all adorable we are all
really tight. we only have 5 people in our district and that is
abnormally small. but it is because they day we got here, one elder
moved up because he was a native speaker, and then that one elder went
home. we are making the best of it, and are able to have lots of time
to learn slow and ask lots of questions from our teachers.

dad- i learned a columbian word this week- chevere- which means cool.
maybe you can start saying that when you are slaying dragons?

jared- my knees seem to be getting worse- i keep them up on a chair in
class so they aren't bent, and have been doing mad PT every day at
gym. do you think they just hurt from the PT or is it that they're
getting worse?


well- the clock is blinking and i have to go. sorry it is so
scattered, and not that much... i'll write with more and send some
pages from my journal. I love that i am here. I can't believe i am
here. i seriously can't. i just feel like im at school and i will be
home soon. but i wont. thats ok. i am happy to be here. i will get
used to it. and i am handling myself. haha. i love you and and thanks
for your support. i love you. keep the mail coming!!

xoxo

hermana sisssy.

No comments:

Post a Comment