Monday, February 28, 2011

This Week--

This week:

- we had a man from the 70- Elder Kearon- speak to us... and he was from England. I loved hearing that accent again- especially when he said "missionrys"
-we have been to the doctor many times this week...
-sitting in the doctors office I heard "Bye Bye Miss American Pie"... and it took me back. made me miss all of you!
-i heard about Deron Williams... how did Sam take that? It will be interesting to see how the next season turns out. Sam Keep me updated ok?

Well, here is my medical update. On Tuesday i went to a sports med doc at the new IHC place by the hospital. He was really nice. He took some xrays and said y left knee is a little worse. My patella is pulling to the medial side, and the pain is worse in my left knee. He prescribed some steroids, (6 day pack Jared. 6,pills, 5,4,3,2,1, etc) I took pics of my xrays to send you- I will send the picture card soon. He prescribed supervised physical therapy 2-3 times a week. I am able to just go to the BYU health center... so that is nice. The therapist is really nice, and only speaks Spanish to me- so that is challenging but fun. He went to Puerto Rico. I went this morning and I am pooped- I am there for usually 1.5 hours. I am sure it will help though..

GUESS WHAT.............. 23DAYS!!!!! I am so excited wow. I have a lot more Spanish to learn first. Yesterday Ann Dibb from the Gen YW board came to RF. She is TS Monson's daughter, so after her talk she had a Q and A about her dad. It was fun. At the fireside, we sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth" again but this time I changed the words as I sang it...

"I have been born to goodly parents who love the Lord.
I have been taught and I understand that I must do as the Lord commands.
I am as the Army of Helaman, I have been taught in my youth,
and I AM NOW the Lord's missionary to bring the world His truth.
I have been saved for these latter days to build the kingdom in righteous ways,
I hear the words the prophet declares, "you are worthy- go forth and share" - chorus

I know his plan and I have prepared,
Increased my knowledge through study and prayer.
Daily I learn, even after I am called to take the gospel to all the world."

I AM A MISSIONARY. It becomes more real day by day, but it is still so surreal. I saw Jordan this week, and it was so fun to see him. We have the same meal times so that's good. It has been a few weeks since I have seen a familiar face, so it was fun to see him.

How are things going at home? Jared comes soon- that should be fun. And the girls weekends sounds like it will be fun too. Bummed i will miss it. Mom did you decide on a car? How is work and everything going for dad and you etc? Your concert sounds like it was fun. I wish I could be there to hear it! This week there has been lots of ups and downs, but thats kind of how every week is. I have been able to stay awake better for the most part, and Jordan gave me a blessing for my knees. That has already helped.

We are hoping that a GA will come on Tuesday for the devotional... there hasn't been once since Christmas time! That would be so cool if it was. This week for choir we are singing "Come Thou Fount"- it is a real pretty arrangement. I have been reading and learning a lot in the BoM this week- sometimes I wish we had a whole day just for personal study. Spanish is coming along well. We taught the first lesson in Spanish at the TRC this week and it went really well- we will do it again this week too, and hopefully have the second lesson down by the weekend. I am doing well when it comes to gospel Spanish, but daily conversation is harder because we don't focus on that as much. it will come in time. :) I still have a lot to learn but I'm not stressed out about it. My mission president says to focus on being obedient and the Spanish will come. He said an obedient missionary is way more important than a fluent one. The Lord will bless an obedient one. So I'll just do my best and He'll do the rest! i am so happy to be a missionary and can't wait for Florida! thanks for all the letters- keep them coming. Mail is the totally the best part of the day! Thanks for the support and prayers. Love you all and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment