Monday, March 7, 2011

Time is Flying!

Fam-
Well we are down to a few more weeks...I can't believe it- only two p-days left!
I have been meaning to tell you that Carol Mikita has been here a lot filming. There's going to be a special about the MTC between conferences. Watch for me during gym, the cafeteria, and then choir- also watch for a story about the MTC in the New York Times. It is the 50th aniversary, and a guy came to take pics during choir and stuff.
You asked about the dearelder letters- I don't get them from the weekend until Monday night after I email and write letters- so it is helpful to get them on Friday so I can respond Monday instead of a week later- whatever works though...
Mom, that talk you wrote about, "What Matters Most" by Uchdorf is an awesome talk. It really helps put things into perspective! This week has flown by. We have been very busy teaching... we taught over 20 lessons this week- and only two more weeks to learn spanish -YIKES! it is coming along well... I can pretty much do the first two lessons in Spanish, but now i just need to practice all the stuff we have learned so i can start implementing it into conversation. Jordan has one week left- it has been so fun to see him around. How lucky to be out here at the same time. Things are just the same here. I wish i had more to say but i don't really- same old same old. No GA last week so hopefully this week! Last night we watched a talk from Elder Bednar- each Sunday night they have movie night that you can choose from. This one was about becoming a missionary. He talked about ho your mission doesn't end when you fly home and remove your badge. You should ALWAYS be in the mission field... even 50 years after your mission. Once you are a missionary, you should always be one. Thanks for sending Lindsay's emails... makes me hungry for the real mission field. I think she should teach me French and I'll teach her Spanish when I get home! :) Sister love.
FUN FACTS: 2.1 TONS of cereal are eaten each week at the MTC, and an ordinance is performed every 3 seconds at the Provo temple. WOW.

Dad are you remodeling Lisa Clarks house? How is work going? I pray for your workers and your safety daily. How is Renon and the lessons? Any referals for me??
Mom you asked about the choir---it is going good... alto is good as long as i am sitting my them- i can't find it on my own.
We did initatories today at the temple- it was so neat. Its the first time I have done them since Hawaii. The blessings are so neat. After, I read in Exodus 40- and it talks about the whole process from back in the day-- so cool that it is still the same. For sure.
I am so thankful to be here. I have been praying to become a disciple of Christ and it is working. My patience has been tested more, and I have been blessed with experiences to grow and learn. I know you are gonna say... "like what?" but it is just little things...

My friend from BYU-Hawaii got here this week. She is going to Hawaii!

Physical therapy is going well. I have an appt. with the sports med doc on Thursday. I'll keep you updated. I went to the chiropractor for my knees too.. and got my back popped-- heaven!

I hope all is going well with you guys. Can you believe how fast the time has gone? i can't even believe it. Seriously. It is so crazy. I miss you all like crazy. I love hearing stories about the kids. I miss them so much. Give the girls a kiss when you see them and tell Sam, Ella and Jack I love them!

Time is short- Miss you and love you all! La iglesia es verdadera.

xoxo Hermana Tyson

2. SAM 22:33- THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND POWER: HE MAKETH MY WAY PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment