Monday, April 11, 2011

Half way through my first transfer!


Top- my new bike came! It rides like a champ!
Bottom - matching companions at church

Last p-day at the ocean


Olymphia - the one who moved to Georgia
Her cute kids


-Our mission car - ;)


Hi everyone! 
Last p-day we went to the ocean--- I say ocean because it DEFINITELY wasn't the beach! But it was fun to get out and do something different!  We have a goal to talk to 20 people per day about the gospel- so that will be hard-- but we can do it!
Things are going really well with my companion. Today she said, "I usually write really long letters to my family, but now I don't need to- I realized it's because I can just tell you instead..."  I guess she hasn't had a very good relationship with her other companions.  It's great we get along so well! And we complement each other in that we're strong in different things so we can help each other out.
We are really focusing on obedience.  In the MTC I thought, "oh, I'm obedient- I'll follow mission rules like waking up on time, etc..." but I realize that even the little minute things count too... like everything President Hale has told us to do - we need to do!  Like he told us to sing at every lesson- SO, we sing! Also, we are making sure to accomplish every goal we set!   It is so cool to have a comp who is on the same page!  I hope we stay together for one more transfer!  I learn so much each day...
I think we have at least 3 solid baptisms, with James and the Chinese family... and 4 other potentials right away!
I'll try to respond to your questions... I hope I get it all...
So, dearelder.com letters take a little over a week to get to me... since they take a pit stop at the mission home. 
President Hale had his surgery and is doing better- we aren't quite sure when we will see him, but things went better than expected. Thanks for going to the temple and for sending the flowers. With all that is going on with Pres. Hale, we have been more motivated to increase our efforts even more.  It has been amazing to see the success we have had this week-- We got 8 new investigators! The goal is 7 in a week and we got 8!  They are all awesome. We have been working a lot in an area called Parrine- it is a TOTALLY black neighborhood. People stare at us way bad when we walk through there, we are the only white people on the street- haha.  The people we have met have been through so much, but hopefully we can help them.  Many of the people we are helping have been shot, beat up my their boy friends, drugs... you name it. And to see how the gospel can change them is amazing!
I haven't been able to teach more in spanish... but we have one lady that we met who we are hopefully going to start teaching. I do my best to practice with Sis. Briggs, but I just don't have any opportunities yet to practice. 
Sounds like the cabin will be a party. Take lots of pics. Thats great to hear Calvin is home and doing good. It was so fun to see him in London- I can't believe that was a year ago!
Mom, you asked about a typical day---Well each day is different... but we wake up at 6:30, exercise for 30 min, then get ready and eat... Personal study 8-9, companion study 9-10, language study 10-11, then just get to work. We sometimes have meetings here and there but we are out all day--sometimes in a car, but mosty on bike. Members don't feed us everyday, but we have enough food usually. We don't stop for lunch or dinner- unless we have an appointment. I just bring snacks with me. We are back by 8:55, plan till 9:30-45ish, and then get ready for bed--be in bed with prayers said at 10:30, and by 10:32 I am out! Then do it all over again...
Dad--"have you ever felt like you have been ridden hard and put away wet??" ha that is how I felt Saturday. It was a HOTT day, and we were out all day- but I loved it.   I love the feeling of working hard and knowing you are doing all you can! 

Well, next week we are going to go to the Miami Zoo, so I don't know what time I will email. . . I got your dearelder letters, and will write a letter back today. I am almost out of time and want to send pics- so I love you and thanks for everything! The time is already flying- half way through the transfer!

xoxo.
sissy

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! bike. I know the feeling of walking through an all-black community. My first area was very much that.

    Way to be, Karli.

    ReplyDelete