Monday, April 18, 2011

A miracle this week!

Hello family,

How are you
? Thanks for all the love and the pictures. The kids are so cute... and getting big!

It looks like the girls' cabin weekend was a huge success! It was so fun to see all the cute girls all together...you all looked so good! I wish I could have been there... but next time. All the projects looked darling. I loved the facial pics! I remember doing that last time... that was so fun. Everyone is cute. I'm glad the George girls could come too. Lacey is so cute! Send me her address when you can. Do J and Les have any names picked out yet??

Not only will we have a crafty cabin trip when I get back, but also a LAKE POWELL EXTRAVAGANZA!!  Please... that is my dream... to have everyone there all together like back in '97... but this time have everyone there. :)  I'm serious about it- or Tahoe or something. I think my release date is August 8th or something. There are some in my group that go June, and some August. It technically should be July but with transfers it isn't, so I will serve 18.5 months. That's right before school starts- crazy. I still dont need to worry about that all though- just a fun fact.

This week has been good... but lots of appointments fell through because people's phones get turned off because they don't pay their bill - so that makes it hard to get a hold of everyone. . . But we found two miracles this week... Let me tell you about one of them:

Her name is Sharon. We were knocking doors yesterday (which we rarely do, because it is just not very successful) and we were about to go back to the car, but we decided to knock on one more house. We just were visiting on her porch a little bit, and she mentioned that her mom had just died last week. We asked if we could teach her a little about life after death, and she said yes and invited us in. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and the whole time she was just crying. She kept
saying to herself... "This is not coincidence" ---but we didn't really know what she was talking about. Then she said that that morning she was praying to God for help. She wanted to know where her mother was, and to know that she was ok. And right before we knocked on her door, she was laying in bed pleading with the Lord to lead her to where she needed to be to find comfort and peace. The Plan of Salvation and the message of the restored gospel answered every single one of her questions! She couldn't stop crying and she really was able to see that the Lord was answering her prayers. She was at peace to know that her mother is in a happy place with her friends and her family. I was able to see that the Lord is orchestrating the work in South Florida. He has a plan for it, and leads us to those who are prepared and in need of His help. It was a faith builder to me... that even though it seems there is no success in knocking doors, there is.  Sometimes, that is the only way we can reach some people. I need to have faith in that... I have more now. Yesterday we probably knocked 30+ doors, maybe 5 answered, and 1 let us in... But, she was prepared and ready. This work is really amazing... Each
day I see that God is leading me by the hand to where I need to be. He does that for all of us, we just have to listen for Him, and actually follow where He is taking us.

I am so excited! We are going to the Miami Zoo today! it is huge-- like Disneyland. So I am looking forward to that...

How is work going with Dad? I heard it snowed last week. That is crazy. It is getting really hot here!
Jared & Ty: I hope you are doing well. The kids are so cute!
Les and Lauri: I'm sure you made some cute stuff at the cabin. I am so glad you are my sisters. I look up to you both so much and hope one day I can be great mommas like you two. :)

Mom and Dad I love you so much. Seriously I am so happy to be here... I miss you but I am so happy here. Thank you for teaching me to work hard and to love and serve others. You taught me by example and that has really blessed me here. 
Te quiero muchisimo

Hermanita Tyson

1 comment:

  1. I just love our "miracle Mondays" when we get to read about the wonderful little miracles in our girlie girl's lives! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete