Friday, June 17, 2011



Crabs, Baptisms, and The Young Ambassadors...

May 23, 2011

Hello family!

Thank you everyone for the mail this week. I will be busy this afternoon responding. :)

It has been a pretty good week- but I am sick again. I don't know why... it is really annoying. And I have a hard time stopping to rest. there is only 3 weeks left in this transfer and so much to do. ugh! I don't have time to be sick.

I didn;t know you and Dad were going to J's- that should be fun. Eat some Oberwise for me. And how lucky that you and Ty's fam are going to see the Little Mermaid at Tuachan. The girls will love it! I didn't know you were going on tour for choir... that will be so fun! The dinner dance you had sounds fun. How is grandpa? Feeling better? Thanks for sending the pics of Cohen's baby blessing. Good to see everyone. I miss you all so much.

Well guess what.... SHIRLEY IS GETTING BAPTIZED SATURDAY. We are so excited for her. She is a really amazing woman. She has been through so much. (some kid just sat down at the table with us and is probably gonna ask us for our number or something... good thing we can just give him a Book of Mormon instead:) ! ) Her kids are all going to be there, and it will be a special experience. She will be confirmed Sunday so that she can go to the temple in June.

Sharon got her temple recommend yesterday, and she received a calling to be the Family History consultant for the ward. She is SO EXCITED. So are we. We had dinner with both of them last night and guess what we had. STONE CRAB! It was so so SO good. Mom and Dad- you were right all these years... i didn't even know what i was missing. :) They both say hello. I have told them a lot about you.

Wanda- i don't know if i have told you much about her. We went to her house yesterday and had an INCREDIBLE lesson. She is going through a lot right now. Her husband doesn't work, She is a school teacher, doesn't have a car, and just found out she has Lupis... just to name a few. She is really struggling right now, and just needed someone to talk to last night. She totally opened up, and we were able to learn a little better about how we can help her. She has two sons- Josh-11 and Caleb-8. They are so bright. They sit down with us when we go over there,and they love learning. I am really excited to see her progress. Despite all her problems, I know the gospel can help her.

Asha is from Guyana.. I am not sure if i told you about her either. She is a really neat woman. She doesn't have kidneys and has been on dialysis for 9 years. She is waiting for a visa before she can get on the transplant list... and is doing her best to raise money to pay for her transplant. She sews clothes to sell when she is up to it to help raise money. She is way sick every other day- the dialysis just takes it out of her. She really likes the BoM and wants to know if it is true. She is an honest seeker of truth, and wants to know what the Lord's will is for her. We have really been able to show her how the BoM and the Restored Gospel can help her get through. We met
her husband Peter yesterday- he is from Trinidad. He is very nice, and we are going to try and start teaching him too!!

I have my first PPI with president Hale tomorrow. I am looking forward to that. We have to drive up to the mission home for that, since he isn't well enough to travel long distances. I am so thankful that I have the chance to learn from him. He has taught me so much in the short time that I have been here. I am doing well- the spanish is the same... but it will come when it needs to. I am doing my best to study it hard each day. Thank you for your prayers. I pray for you always.


I am out of time but sounds like everything is going well for you guys. I will write today. I am still sick. I don't know what is going on. . . if it doesn't get better I guess I will have to go to the doc. I am trying to avoid that.

Till next week.

Hermanita Sis.

I forgot to tell you! we got to go to the Young Ambassadors. They are on tour and the mission president let us go. We went with Sharon - she loved it! it was really cool to be there. There were lots of other missionaries there and they were out contacting people before the show started- it was sweet. They started with an opening prayer- cool. and then after the finale they sang I am a child of god accapella. It was so cool there was a special spirit there.




{Hna. Briggs, Shirley, Me}


{Asha}

{Young Ambassadors}

{Stone Crab Party!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment